Mission: Network

There is no plan. I think about something Joe related that I want to write about, I write it. Sometimes I will review, sometimes they will be current releases... most often vintage stuff. Sometimes I will indulge in nostalgia or issues that plague me. But this is my message in a bottle. I want to hear from you, your stories. Comment! Or mail me: stephen.jubber@gmail.com

Monday 15 April 2013

Three Deadly Ebay Sins

Being an avid Ebay-er since 1999, I have a good helping of success stories... and a handful of disasters. But who's got the time? Instead, here are three of my favourite shockers. And they are all the sad symptoms of being a buyer in South Africa.


First up we have the absurd situation where a loose figure costs more than twice its 'buy it now' price in postage. Are they packaging it in gold leaf? A simple bubble envelope will suffice. Really.


Here we have another model citizen of Ebay. Laughably indicating that he/she/it ships worldwide and then following up with the most exhaustive list of exceptions. And what's right at the top? Africa. Well sir/madam/thing, fuck you for defeating my attempts at filtering you out. You waste my time. And battery. 14%. Damn smartphones.


And the coup de grace. I don't think it necessary to say anything more than that I had a Flagg sent to me from the United States for $180 in shipping charges two and a half years ago. Last year a Mobile Command Centre set me back $60 in shipping. The above item's charge is either a sick joke. Or I'll never be able to afford anything bigger than a Snowcat for the rest of my collecting days.

Love that the service is called 'UPS Worldwide Saver'. Assholes.


No comments:

Post a Comment