Mission: Network

There is no plan. I think about something Joe related that I want to write about, I write it. Sometimes I will review, sometimes they will be current releases... most often vintage stuff. Sometimes I will indulge in nostalgia or issues that plague me. But this is my message in a bottle. I want to hear from you, your stories. Comment! Or mail me: stephen.jubber@gmail.com

Wednesday 1 February 2012

The Barracuda gets deep sixed

I tried 'Baking Soda' (by that, I assumed the instructions meant Bicarbonate of Soda); I tried Grandpa. No sign of the Barracuda returning to the surface. I need something fizzier. So I found a tube of Vitathion tablets and gave that a crack. Saw a mess of bubbles rising so something was happening. But the bubbles needed to be trapped in order for the 'Cuda to become positively buoyant and rise to the surface. So I sealed up the top portion with Presstick and presto! Such fun! Now I need more Vitathion. 

3 comments:

  1. LMAO such a stupid gimmick and yet that video proves it has some merit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still, not enough to go out and purchase one I imagine. Down here there was the most obscene glut of these and Septic Tanks in every toystore back in the early nineties. But I couldn't exercise quality control back then. If it said GI Joe, I knew it would be fun.

      Delete
  2. I always referred to the tablet as an aspirin.


    Don't be hating on the Septic Tanks, that served as my HiSS tank when I was a kid (always wanted a HiSS, at the time it was the closest I'd get till much later in life).

    ReplyDelete